Welcome to the Racing Development Team|News

Here is where we will be posting all the news on our SRD Junior Development Ski Race Team as well as other news and updates regarding our catalog, web ( www.srd1.com ) and business. Feel free to post a comment and any suggestions.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

In the Swing: Mt. Hood Training Week

Hey SRD fans, I have been very busy for the past couple of weeks. First I finished the end of school, finals and lots of training. Once I finished that week of finals I started a three week program offered at GMVS. It is when you take either math or english class, so you don't have to to it in the second semester. This is very helpful because it is right when the most important time of ski racing is and you don't have to take finals. One I finished my math from the three week I had one day before I went to Mt. Hood. That was very stressful, but I knew the outcome of being in Oregon would pay off instantly.

After flying on Southwest airlines for five hours, I was in the West. The first day I skied SL and everything felt really awkward, but by the end of the day I felt comfortable and excited for the racing season to begin. The next couple of days were free skiing and drills to improve my technique. The fourth day was a big breakthrough in my skiing. This is because Fisher " vacuumed" my boots and in this process made only 1 degree of abdication, instead of I believe 20 degrees. With my new boots my turn is much faster, making myself able to keep a straighter line and build more pressure throughout my turn.

After five days of skiing we took a break day. Everyone at the camp had the choice of Mt. biking, rock climbing, hiking and soccer. I chose to go biking and I was very happy with my decision. The trails were all good, but the only problem was with mine and a couple other kids. Almost everyone got a Giant Trance but the shock had no air in it so it was a very bumpy ride.

After that day was done we had a few more days of skiing GS. We did gates the last two days before our next break. Those days were very nice and sunny and the course was iced down to keep the snow hard. I had a rough day the last day before our next break. This is because I kept going too straight and getting late. By the end of the day I had a better line but it still needs improving. For this break day I did biking again because of the fun I had the first time. The bikes were fixed and everything went well.

The last three days of the camp were GS. Then two days of SL. The GS was gates and drills. By the end of the day I was tired of GS and ready for two good days of SL. The first day of SL were drills, and free skiing. The next day were gates and a panel SL course. This day went very well and I skied with a good line in the gates. Overall this Camp went very well and I wish it was longer. Throughout this Summer I will just be training and Mt. biking. Hope everyone has a great relaxing summer but will still getting ready for the next ski season!

.)) Eli Swing

No comments: