Welcome to the Racing Development Team|News

Here is where we will be posting all the news on our SRD Junior Development Ski Race Team as well as other news and updates regarding our catalog, web ( www.srd1.com ) and business. Feel free to post a comment and any suggestions.

Friday, July 13, 2012

Passing Lane: Trip to South Africa

Hi SRD hope everyone is having a great summer! I haven’t blogged in a while, because I have been very busy lately. In late May after finishing up the year with school, I headed with a group of 34 people from my church to South Africa. We spent two weeks helping with several projects near Cape Town. While there we also went on lots of fun excursions such as shark diving, and a safari. The trip was very eye opening, and helped me realize how fortunate we are in the United States, and how we should never take for granted simple pleasures in life. After returning back home I worked really hard to complete my summer class online, ran and hiked a lot and spent time with friends.

Then my family and I went to Seattle for our annual family reunion at Foul Weather Bluff. We enjoyed lots of sun, crabbing, hiking and the beach. Now I am in the DFW airport waiting for my flight to Santiago, Chile. I am returning to my old school and ski team at Valle Nevado. I plan on doing a few FIS races, and getting lots of time on the snow.

My big news is that next winter I will be moving to Sun Valley. I will be living in the dorm and be skiing for the Sun Valley Ski Academy. I will miss the gang at Alyeska, but look forward to living close to the mountain, and great training.

See you on the slopes soon!

.)) Jordan Lane

No comments: