Welcome to the Racing Development Team|News

Here is where we will be posting all the news on our SRD Junior Development Ski Race Team as well as other news and updates regarding our catalog, web ( www.srd1.com ) and business. Feel free to post a comment and any suggestions.

Monday, July 9, 2012

Burcin's Blog: Summer Training

Hey Guys,

I am only 11 days into my summer and I have already done a lot.

I graduated my sophomore year of high school on June 22nd and was on a plane to Mt. Hood Oregon the next day. It was a huge relief when I finally got on the plane after a long week of finals along with the last cram of school. I went out to Mt. Hood for a little over a week with my Killington Mountain School team. The main focus of the beginning of the camp was fundamentals with free skiing and drills while the end of the camp we ended with some Super G and GS training. It was a very productive camp with a small group of kids and some great training. The only snag of the trip was some sub-par weather with some rain, and fog, however it didn’t prevent us from having a very productive camp.

I flew back on the 2nd and am now enjoying a week on Cape Cod (not without conditioning!) The following week I have a conditioning camp at Killington with my team and then have one more week before we head to La Parva, Chile for around 3 weeks.

In Chile, we will be have a separate training block for each Slalom, GS, and Super G. I made some great improvements to my skiing in Mt. Hood that I am excited to hone into my skiing for next season. In between camps I will be focusing on my conditioning plan, getting stronger and more powerful for next year.

Hope everyone else is having a great summer as well! Already looking forward to next season!

.)) Kyle Burcin

No comments: