Welcome to the Racing Development Team|News

Here is where we will be posting all the news on our SRD Junior Development Ski Race Team as well as other news and updates regarding our catalog, web ( www.srd1.com ) and business. Feel free to post a comment and any suggestions.

Friday, April 6, 2012

Passing Lane: Podium at Nationals!

The season is already coming to an end, and hasn’t it gone by so quickly!

Recently I competed in the Jackson Hole, Wyoming Tech series. These races were qualifiers for J2 nationals. I skied O.K. and was satisfied with my performance. I qualified for J2 nationals.

Two weeks ago I skied for the Western Region at Mammoth, California. It was an amazing experience, and I was able to meet many other athletes. I did not ski well in the speed events, and I need a lot more training to feel comfortable on my new skies. In the slalom race I was having a very good run until I caught an edge on the last delay and spun myself out in a 360. I had to hike back to make the next gate.

However, I was very happy with my GS performance, a third place. On the podium!!

I skied well and my hard work for the season payed off.

At J2 Nationals I met Anna Mounsey another SRD member, and had the opportunity to get to know Breezy Johnson better. The SRD team did extremely well and we had an awesome trip.

This week I am leaving for my last series of the season at Mission ridge. I am only able to do one slalom and two giant slalom races, because I am out of starts. I am very excited and hope to have a strong finish to the season!

.)) Jordan Lane

No comments: