Welcome to the Racing Development Team|News

Here is where we will be posting all the news on our SRD Junior Development Ski Race Team as well as other news and updates regarding our catalog, web ( www.srd1.com ) and business. Feel free to post a comment and any suggestions.

Friday, April 6, 2012

Morse Code: J2 Nationals

Hey guys, I have been racin' a lot this spring and have finally ran out of FIS starts and money!

March has been a sweet month, starting off with the Burke Super-G races (picture above) which dropped my Super-G points to the lowest of all of my points at 57. I left Burke after the Super-G's to pack for J2 Nationals, I sadly missed the GS races of the year at Burke the next two days, but that is ski racing!

It took me a whole extra day to make it to Mammoth due to Delta's planes breaking down. But I made it out there in time for the first downhill training run which I came in 9th in. The track was pretty flat but there was one big jump in it that made in exciting. The next day we didn't ski because there was to much wind, so we went into the DH race with just one training run. I came in 13th in the race which was okay but I really felt that my skis weren't running real well on the flats. In the Super-G, my skis were running much better and I was able to punch it into the top ten with a 9th place. I was 18th in SL, and 27th in GS, which I was not super pumped with but I was having trouble with finding the right amount of pressure to ski with the soft snow. This trip was a great learning experience, my coach Chip Cochrane always use to talk about your "tool box" of tricks and each race you go to you should learn something new to expand you tool box so you will be able to do your best in all environments!

My best result of this series was 7th overall which is respectable. As I have come back to the East coast the snow has been melting away quickly. I have gotten in a couple of GS's and SL's, I scored my lowest GS scored yet at 67 and was able to drop my SL points a little bit. It has just been a year of slowly dwindling down the FIS points and with each race starting a little bit earlier. It has been a great year though! This week at Sugarloaf they are going to blow snow because it is supposed to get below zero. Hopefully we can get another week or so of good training! Good luck to guys goin' out to Pan-o and anyone else that is squeezing in some spring races!

.)) Sam Morse

No comments: