Welcome to the Racing Development Team|News

Here is where we will be posting all the news on our SRD Junior Development Ski Race Team as well as other news and updates regarding our catalog, web ( www.srd1.com ) and business. Feel free to post a comment and any suggestions.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Our National J2 National Champion!






















It seems like just yesterday that we were all getting our skis in the mail, getting out boots fit and going to our first fall camps of the season. Now, it’s April and we’re putting our skis and boots away for a couple months. I’ve ended the year with some great new friends, experiences and results!

J2 Nationals at Mammoth Mountain was my favorite race this season so far. Everyone bonded so well, and I became a national champion in Slalom, as well as found a new beginning for my speed skiing -racing to a 4th in super-g and 7th in downhill with only 2 days of speed training in the past season.

After J2 Nationals, I headed out to Quebec for 2 slaloms: 1 NorAm and 1 Canadian National. It was supposed to be 2 super-gs, a GS and a SL, but the snow conditions did not cooperate. I DNFed in the NorAm SL and got 19th in the Canadian National –from bib 50!

Following Quebec, I flew to Winter Park to race in US Nationals. Winter Park was an amazing trip because I got to race against Mikaela Shiffrin, Julia Mancuso, Laurenne Ross, Stacey Cook, Sarah Schleper, Lindsey Vonn and many other great US Ski Team ladies that rip!

Unfortunately though, I didn’t finish the Super-G or GS, and hiked in slalom. After that long trip, I was ready to come home for a couple days and relax with my dog before coming to Mission Ridge for the Western Region Spring Series. The first day got canceled, and today the girls skied two super-gs while the men skied only 1. Somehow I skied to a 5th place finish in both super-gs, skiing from bib 31! I am very happy with my result and how I skied. I have never been much of a speed skier, so all the speed skiing is new territory, and I’m excited to see where it will lead! As always, think snow.

.)) Anna Mounsey

No comments: