Welcome to the Racing Development Team|News

Here is where we will be posting all the news on our SRD Junior Development Ski Race Team as well as other news and updates regarding our catalog, web ( www.srd1.com ) and business. Feel free to post a comment and any suggestions.

Friday, January 9, 2009

Messege from the "Moose"


The ski racing season is here! Finally, snow is falling and bumpy bus rides have begun. I am improving daily and each race is a learning experience. One aspect of ski racing that is often overlooked is academics. Attending Carrabassett Valley Academy means that I have to take a full set of college prep classes. My travel schedule January through March is ridiculously busy. For example, I will only be in class two days this month! This tests my organization and communication skills. I work hard, knowing that this experience will be an asset later in life.

Enough about school, lets talk about racing. I just returned from the Sunday River Nor Ams and it was quite challenging. The level of competition was absurdly high and I really enjoyed the opportunity to be a part of the series. I was able to watch eight point skiers do their thing and run the same burly courses. Overall, it was an awesome experience.

.)) Ben Morse

No comments: