Welcome to the Racing Development Team|News

Here is where we will be posting all the news on our SRD Junior Development Ski Race Team as well as other news and updates regarding our catalog, web ( www.srd1.com ) and business. Feel free to post a comment and any suggestions.

Saturday, November 22, 2008

On The Road To Recovery: Part One


Cooper Cartmill is one of the top ranked J2's in the country, a member of the SRD Junior Race Team and will be writing about his recovery from knee surgery late last season....

So there I was, sitting on the side of Snow King in the beautiful town of Jackson Hole, Wyoming my entire season prior going through my head at what felt like a million miles an hour. Every race, every podium, every minute of training on and off the hill, and it was all over. I didn't want to think the worst but somewhere in the back of my head I knew I had just messed something up in my left knee pretty bad. By the time I had skied myself down the mountain and had taken off my speed suit my knee was the size of a softball. Something was definitely wrong here.

The next morning I was on a plane back to my home in Vail, Colorado and my knee showed no signs of improvement. It still hurt terribly to stand or walk on, so I was limited to wherever my crutches could take me. Which was o.k. since the only place I needed to get was the hospital...

No comments: