Welcome to the Racing Development Team|News

Here is where we will be posting all the news on our SRD Junior Development Ski Race Team as well as other news and updates regarding our catalog, web ( www.srd1.com ) and business. Feel free to post a comment and any suggestions.

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Training With the US Girls!


This weekend I was the luckiest J4 in America! My dad, the Chief of Race for Aspen's World Cup races, invited the US Women's Ski Team to train on Aspen Mountain. I got to skip school on Friday and was going to go watch them ski but their coach let me train with them. I got to run full length GS and Slalom on the steep and icy World Cup courses. Not only were these courses by far the longest I've ever run but the sets were so much harder than I am used to.

The ski team girls were really nice and they gave me good adviced and a few compliments, too. I got to ski with Julia Mancuso, Sarah Schleper, Kaylin Richardson, Hailey Duke and Megan McJames. Aspen's own rising star Wiley Maple, US Men's D Team Member, came out on Saturday to train, too. I can't wait for the US girls to rip it up on Friday and Saturday during the World Cup races!

.)) Andrew Hancock

No comments: