Welcome to the Racing Development Team|News

Here is where we will be posting all the news on our SRD Junior Development Ski Race Team as well as other news and updates regarding our catalog, web ( www.srd1.com ) and business. Feel free to post a comment and any suggestions.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Katelyn Drops In to Say Hello!

HEY! It has been a great year so far here at Burke Mountain Academy although very hectic. We started out the year in Valle Nevado, Chile with almost 3 great weeks of training. Four weeks later we headed up to Panorama in British Columbia where we continued to put the hammer down with two more awesome weeks of slalom, GS and super G training. Only a week after our return to the states, a group of girls and I headed back to Canada for some FIS races at Val St. Come. They were not my best races but I scored some good points and it was sweet to get back into racing. Back in the US I had already lowered my points by 30 in the first Eastern Cup race series was super psyched for some more starts. Since then, it’s been all skiing all the time and I LOVE IT!

I have just recently gotten back from Speed Week at Sugarloaf in Maine. I can honestly say that it is the best week of the year! Although there was no Super G due to weather conditions, I came home with a first and second overall and two first place J2 awards for both downhills. However, now its time to switch over to tech as a group of girls head over to Jackson Hole, Wyoming for a two day race series of two slaloms and two GS's. Its going to be a tough field out there but I know its going to be so much fun! Maybe I’ll see some of you out there! Later Gators!

.)) Katelyn Barclay

Bookmark   and Share

No comments: