Welcome to the Racing Development Team|News

Here is where we will be posting all the news on our SRD Junior Development Ski Race Team as well as other news and updates regarding our catalog, web ( www.srd1.com ) and business. Feel free to post a comment and any suggestions.

Saturday, February 21, 2009

They call me...BUBBLES


Over the year I have gotten some funny names for wearing the nastiest suit in ski racing. Bubbles, blubber, as well as lil' svin. This year has been surprisingly good with the fact of the injury I sustained at the beginning of the year. I got kicked in the final soccer game of the year and got compartment syndrome in my left calf. After surgery I was left on one leg and was extremely weak in my injured leg. After about 6 weeks of rehab and strength training I began to ski again. I started just free skiing and got about 14 full days of this before I decided to begin training again. Well I didn't start easy, my first day in gates was downhill on Birds of Prey. At this point it was hard to make it through a full day without my leg cramping up and being very painful and bled a few times in my boot. Throughout the season my cramping started to decrease and I skied myself in too enough strength to start to ski well enough. Traveling around the country and racing better and better in each event I hope to close out the season with a slalom victory. As I prepare my self for the up coming speed races at Aspen I had to miss out on the first day due to some minor calf pain I hope to lay down some solid speed and see what some new technique will do.

.)) Andreas “Bubbles” Calabrese

No comments: