Welcome to the Racing Development Team|News

Here is where we will be posting all the news on our SRD Junior Development Ski Race Team as well as other news and updates regarding our catalog, web ( www.srd1.com ) and business. Feel free to post a comment and any suggestions.

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Avril Racing with the Kiwi's In New Zealand


This summer I spent about a month and half training and racing in New Zealand with Treble Cone Race Academy located in Wanaka, New Zealand. The weather was great and the training was awesome. I did several races which were all tech. The races were all local so I didn’t have to travel more than forty-five minutes to get to one of the mountains. I raced at Treble Cone, Cardrona and Coronet Peak. It was a lot of fun racing the New Zealand nationals because a lot of the national teams showed up and brought great points, so we had minimum penalty for a few races. It was high intensity racing against world cup racers that have sub six points!

I didn’t finish many races but the race practice was beneficial. After leaving New Zealand. I returned home to Salt Lake City for two weeks. After which I left for Houston, TX to stay for two weeks, to go on little vacation in the sun, which was a fun change of pace.

I am really pumped for a great season racing for SRD!

.)) Avril

No comments: