Welcome to the Racing Development Team|News

Here is where we will be posting all the news on our SRD Junior Development Ski Race Team as well as other news and updates regarding our catalog, web ( www.srd1.com ) and business. Feel free to post a comment and any suggestions.

Monday, September 8, 2008

Getting Ready For The Season Differently


.)) Andreas Calabrese at the Teva Games

Recently I read a little thing on how the Kostelic family used to train for the season so I thought that I would also (in addition to a normal weight program) do an un-traditional program of running through the woods with logs and jogging a mile in knee high water.

Part 1. Bike Racing
This summer I decided to get back into bike racing. I used to race as a little kid but had to give it up. This summer I started racing mountain and road bikes and loved it. My first few races didn't start to well and usually ended in crashes and broken bikes. I started to figure out the whole idea of this bike racing thing about 10 races in when I scored a 5th place at the 25th annual Davos hill climb. Next was the 12th place at the Louisville Criterium finals. The season then picked up with more top ten finishes. By the end of the season I had gotten everything I wanted to do except one thing, win a series final. But at the last ocean coast road race final in San Diego I had good legs and got the victory I had been looking for. However now the bike season is over and I hope to carry over into the ski season strong and ready to get some great results. Stay tuned for more of my training adventures coming shortly.

.)) Andreas Calabrese

No comments: