Welcome to the Racing Development Team|News

Here is where we will be posting all the news on our SRD Junior Development Ski Race Team as well as other news and updates regarding our catalog, web ( www.srd1.com ) and business. Feel free to post a comment and any suggestions.

Sunday, April 29, 2012

No Kidding: Spring Series!

HEY SRD! Wow the trip to California for J2 Nationals was amazing! It was so much fun getting to know everyone from the East and West and over all an amazing experience.

J2 Nationals was not one of my best races. Although I brushed that off my shoulder and got right back home after a 14 hour car ride! When we got back to Steamboat ALL the snow had melted! Literally we skipped mud season and went straight to summer! It has been 60+ every day! Although almost all of the snow on the run we train on had melted :(.

The next week we had spring series in Breckenridge! The first day of Spring Series was so much fun, the majority of the us ski team girls were there, and it was cold and the snow was firm! I was running late in the back of the pack so the track was perfect! But about half way throughout the course I ended up catching my inside edge and going in the B-net. Which wasn't necessarily the funnest of all since it was my first time ever going in the B-net and breaking my Super G skis. (The following day i did not start the other Super G.) In the GS we had perfect conditions and our assistant coach Caroline Lalive was there so we were all pumped and ready to go! I didn't necessary have the best first run, so I started pretty far back on my second run and ended skiing out but finishing! The second day of the GS I was ready to go, it as the last GS of the year, and my coach had set first run! Unfortunately I had just started to grab my tuck as I was approaching the flats I just barley hooked my tip on the inside of the GS gate and straddled the gate going into the B-net again!

After getting cleared from the emergency room, I got back out on the snow the next and was ready for the SL, but after running the SL training course a few times I got really dizzy and my coach wouldn't let me race until I passed the impact test! So I went straight to the doctor but he wouldn't pass me and told me I had a grade 3 concussion. Luckily after having my concussion for more than 3 weeks now I am supposed to be cleared in a couple of weeks!!! Then off to Mt. Hood! Skiing would just be so nice if it was like volleyball, or basketball because they can go to the court anytime they want but when being injured or its summer it is so depressing not being able to ski! MT. HOOD COULDN'T COME ANY SLOWER!!

.)) Serina Kidd

P.S. Love the new American Ice suits!

No comments: