Welcome to the Racing Development Team|News

Here is where we will be posting all the news on our SRD Junior Development Ski Race Team as well as other news and updates regarding our catalog, web ( www.srd1.com ) and business. Feel free to post a comment and any suggestions.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Burcin Takes Eastern J3 Junior Olympic Combined Gold!


Kyle takes Combined gold - Lower left is SRD's Sam Morse (watch out next year!)

I just got back from Junior Olympics at Sunday River, Maine. It was a great couple of days and I came out on top in the overall, as the 1st overall skier. In the SL and GS, I was able to grab a podium in each-- silver medals in both. The GS was only one run because the second run was canceled due to weather. I missed getting gold in both events by less than .1 in both. In the SG I was 16th, not having my best run. The best part of my success at JO’s was getting a spot to go to Whistler Cup. I can’t wait to go to Whistler and compete in an international field.

Before JO’s, I finished my mid-Vermont council races, and had Vermont states at Killington, my home mountain. I won the mid- Vermont council, winning every run, and every race, which was really cool. Then, the week right before States it snow almost 4 feet in 2 days. It was sick powder skiing but made the snow soft and tough for racing at States. Because of the snow, the events were shuffled around but the states were still a lot of fun. In the SL I was second after the first run, but the second run was canceled due to a deteriorating course. About 15 out of the 20 boys who raced the second run DNFed. There was one bad fall that really was the last straw. The next day was the GS and I came in 1st. Overall I was second in the Vermont states.

I am now going to some J2 races to get some points, starting my career as a J2. I am doing this for the next 2 weeks and then I am leaving for Whistler Cup in early April and will be there for over a week racing and enjoying the sick trip. I can’t wait!

.)) Kyle Burcin

Bookmark             and Share

No comments: