Welcome to the Racing Development Team|News

Here is where we will be posting all the news on our SRD Junior Development Ski Race Team as well as other news and updates regarding our catalog, web ( www.srd1.com ) and business. Feel free to post a comment and any suggestions.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Off to Europe!


Hey everyone,

This season has been extremely busy so far. I have recently finished a Colorado Millennium bank cup in Beaver Creek. The first day i had some troubles first run, so I did not end up doing very well. The second day I won first run so I went in to second run feeling confident. I ended up winning the race by over a second. After the race I found out that I was named to the J2 national along with 15 other girls in the Rock/Central Division. Only about 45 girls from the entire country are named to the team and get to compete in the races in Maine.

Two days after the race in Beaver Creek I got on a plane a flew to Munich Germany. I was in Europe for a day before I headed off to the first race of the trip in Pohorje, Slovenia. The weather was so bad that they had to cancel the race so we then had to drive back to Germany/Austria. We trained the for one day, then most of the girls went home, and some other people from the US took the long drive to Bormio, Italy. I was in Bormio for 5 races, I was there for the British Jr. Championship and some FIS races. I hiked and skied out in the Jr. FIS' and I got 4th in the FIS Super G and 3rd in the FIS SL. Our FIS GS was one the Men's World Cup, we even started above where they start the men. The races were a really good experience and I had a lot of fun.

I am now headed off the J2 Nationals! Thanks,

.)) Katharine Irwin

Bookmark     and Share

No comments: