Welcome to the Racing Development Team|News

Here is where we will be posting all the news on our SRD Junior Development Ski Race Team as well as other news and updates regarding our catalog, web ( www.srd1.com ) and business. Feel free to post a comment and any suggestions.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A week in the life...



|| Tanning in Taos

Hello all,

My name is Andreas Calabrese and I am a skier from Vail Colorado and I attend the local Vail ski academy. I would just like to walk you through a normal week as a competitive ski racer. Usually I wake up on Monday morning angry that I have to go to school. This is usually where I get the work for the week done. The next day is when I start to ski. I ski to about 12:00 then work out till 1:00 at this point I try and wander about and at 3:15 there is time in my day called "vending machine time." At this point the vending machines turn on and it acts like a junior lounge for the snow sports athletes. We go back to class at 4 and then stay there till the end of the day. I go home sleep and do this all again till the weekend. I usually have a race on the weekend and it is fun to see the other members of my SRD team and catch up on our week. Then I go back to school on Monday and the process starts all over again.

Andreas

No comments: